This delicious homemade rye crispbread is so easy to make and much tastier than the store-bought Wasa style crackers. No need for introductions, if you are a fan of crackers, this recipe is perfect for you!
They keep well in an air-tight container for at least one week.
I’ve been browsing the internet in search of a simple traditional recipe and this one is supposedly of Danish origin. I slightly adapted it based on the ingredients I had in my pantry, you can see the original video here. You can customize yours as well with the kind of seeds you love or you have on hand. I love this version as it is full of delicious seeds and it is such a quick recipe.
Serve them as a snack, at breakfast or lunch, with your favorite toppings. I also love them warm from the oven, slathered with good quality butter.
What you will need for these homemade rye crackers:
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds ( I used pumpkin seeds flour instead)
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup hemp seeds (left them out, but you can add them)
1/2 cup flax seeds (I used flax seeds meal instead)
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 1/2 cups rye flour*
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
*You can use both light rye flour and wholemeal rye flour. You can even replace half of the rye flour with whole-wheat flour.
- Preheat the oven at 200°C.
- Put all the seeds in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the rye flour with salt and baking powder to the seed mix.
- Add water and olive oil and mix for 2-3 min until a dough is formed.
- Finish mixing by hand on a floured surface and divide it into 2 portions.
- Take half of the dough and roll it out between two sheets of baking paper the same size of your baking tray.
- Cut through the dough to make the cracker shape and transfer to a baking tray.
- Bake for about 15 min.
Crackersii de secara sunt foarte populari in tarile nordice, se servesc in loc de paine sau pe post de snack. Aceasta reteta traditionala este de origine daneza, este foarte usor de facut, iar rezultatul sunt niste crackers deliciosi si sanatosi!
70 gr seminte de floarea soarelui
65 gr seminte de dovleac ( eu am folosit faina din seminte de dovleac)
75 gr seminte de susan
75 gr seminte de in (eu am folosit faina din seminte de in)
50 gr fulgi de ovaz
250 gr faina de secara*
175 ml apa
120 ml ulei de masline extravirgin
2 lingurite sare
1 lingurita praf de copt
hartie de copt
*Puteti folosi atat faina de secara normala, cat si varianta integrala. O a doua optiune este sa inlocuiti jumatate din cantitatea de faina cu faina de grau integrala.
- Preincalziti cuptorul la 200°C.
- Puneti toate ingredientele uscate intr-un bol si amestecati bine.
- Adaugati apa si uleiul si amestecati pentru 2-3 min pana cand un aluat incepe sa se formeze.
- Transferati aluatul pe o suprafata de lucru curata pe care ati presarat fain. Framantati bine si impartiti in 2 bucati egale.
- Luati prima bucata de aluat si rulati-o intre 2 foi de hartie de copt de marimea unei tavi de copt.
- Taiati foaia de aluat ca in poza de mai sus pentru a forma crackers.
- Coaceti in cuptorul preincalzit pentru 15 min.